Long before science identified the myriad almond oil benefits it was already being used by our ancestors as a beauty aid. Here is why and how almond oil for skin works wonders:
8 Reasons Why Almond Oil Is Good For Your Skin
#1 Promotes Flawless Skin
Almond oil is mild and has hypoallergenic properties which makes it great for sensitive skin too.
- It is best applied when it is at the same temperature as your body.
- Another reason almond oil is so good for skin is because it is rich in Vitamin E which is a very effective anti-oxidant.
- Apply the oil regularly and your skin will combat stress and UV damage with ease.
#2 Deep Cleanses Skin & Prevents Acne
One of the best characteristics of almond oil is that it is very light texturally.
- This makes it easy for the body to absorb it as well as for the oil to penetrate skin deeply and get rid of accumulated debris.
- This in turn prevents the formation of acne.
- What’s more, almond oil is rich in Vitamin A which is known to reduce acne flare-ups.
#3 Almond Oil for Dark Circles
- Almond oil is a miracle cure for dark circles and eye bags.
- Simply apply some below your eyes every night before sleeping and in 2 weeks you will see the difference.
#4 Almond Oil also Removes Tan
- To get rid of tan, simply mix a couple of drops of almond oil and an equal quantity of lemon juice in a tsp. of honey
- Apply this mixture on tan affected area and see a visible difference after a few applications
#5 Relieves Psoriasis and Eczema
If you suffer from any of the abovementioned skin conditions it is essential that you keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Almond oil, which is hypoallergenic, does exactly that.
#6 Treats Skin Rashes
Almond oil is natural and more effective treatment for skin rashes than any of the zinc based creams that doctors otherwise prescribe. This is because it is rich in zinc content and it also has no side-effects whatsoever.
#7 Reduces Signs of Ageing
Ageing is natural but premature ageing isn’t.
- With the aid of almond oil you can reverse the effects of skin ageing caused by exposure to factors like the sun, smoke as well as from dehydration.
- Additionally, using a nourishing product like Olay Regenerist Regenerating Day Cream with SPF 15 will make your skin look radiant and youthful.
Anti-ageing Recipe Using Almond Oil
- Using water that is lukewarm, gently cleanse your face to remove makeup and/or dirt
- After heating a tsp. of almond oil, mix in about two drops of Vitamin E extracted from a capsule.
- Now apply the resulting mixture on your face, gently massaging it in using your fingers.
- After about 10 minutes, use a wet towel to take it off
- Rinse you face with lukewarm water and then pat it dry
#8 Healing Properties of Almond Oil
A bruise is formed when the blood vessel bursts under your skin due to some injury. This blood clot takes anything from 3-5 days to completely heal. However, almond has healing properties, which help with bruising.
Mix geranium oil with almond oil and apply it on the bruise for effective healing. Do not use geranium oil without diluting it with almond oil!
Almond Oil can be used for many other skin related problems. Check out our favorite home remedies that solve many of our beauty problems with just 1 ingredient – almond oil!
7 Almond Oil Remedies for Common Skin Problems
#1 Almond Oil for Skin Whitening & Fairness:
- Warm a few teaspoons of almond oil
- Ensure that the oil is not heated directly
- Massage this warm almond oil on your face for 10-15 minutes
- Do this regularly and notice rejuvenated skin after a few weeks due to increased blood circulation
#2 Almond Oil for Cracked Feet:
- Almond oil is a light oil, which can deeply penetrate the skin and hence provide advance nourishment
- Just apply almond oil over your cracked heels and leave it as it is for the entire night
- Next morning wash it off with lukewarm water
- This method also is helpful for fungal infections of your foot
#3 Almond Oil for Stretch Marks
- Almond oil is rich in vitamin E that helps in reduction of stretch marks
- Take a little almond oil, and massage on areas with stretch marks
- Ensure that before this, you have exfoliated the area with a dry brush and are applying almond oil immediately after you take a shower
- This way, stretch marks are reduced over time
#4 Sweet Almond Oil as a Natural Makeup Remover:
- Sweet almond oil is very gentle on the skin, and is an amazing makeup remover
- Take a few drops of almond oil on a cotton ball and wipe off the makeup
- Almond oil will also nourish and soften your skin, while removing all traces of makeup from your face
#5 Sweet Almond Oil for Your Lips
- Almond oil is soothes and moisturizes your lips
- It always lightens dark lips, removes dark spots and tries to even the lip colour
- You can mix almond oil with honey and milk
- Apply this lip balm mixture on your lips for 30 mins. You can also leave this mixture on your lips overnight.
- Next morning wash it off with cold water
- Repeat this daily for 2-3 months to see visible difference
#6 Almond Oil for Face Acne & Pimples
- Take pure sweet almond oil and apply it on clean face before you go to sleep. Massage it on your face for a minute or two, so that it is soaked in.
- The substances present in almond oil get rid of sebum, which clog pores, and eventually lead to acne and pimple.
#7 Almond Oil for Face Glow – Overnight Treatment!
- Before you go to sleep, wash your hands clean and take a few drops of almond oil and warm it up by rubbing your palms together.
- Use this warmed up oil to clean your face.
- Post this wash your face with a mild face cleanser
- Again take a few drops of sweet almond oil and pat it on your face and sleep
- This will ensure a flawless, glowing skin always!
As much as we have written about almond oil, it is an easily adulterated commodity. Hence, if you have the time and patience, we definitely suggest making almond oil at home. This will give you the purest form of almond oil that will nourish your skin thoroughly.
How to Make Almond Oil at Home:
- To make almond oil, you will need a handful of almonds, a blender and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Take handful of almonds and start blending them in a mixer grinder at a slow speed.
- Ensure that the almonds are completely dry and fresh and that the blending is taking place at the lowest speed
- While blending the almonds, look out for buildup on the sides and keep removing it and mixing it again with the blended almond
- Once the almond seems to be of smooth consistency, start blending it at a higher speed
- Now add a teaspoon of olive oil. If it still is not blending properly, add another teaspoon of olive oil
- Keep blending till you have a smooth paste of almond
- Store this mixture in a glass jar for 2 weeks
- During this period, the oil will separate from the solid particles
- Now strain and use the almond oil!
Now learning about the endless goodness of almond oil, you sure must be burning up with questions like is it good for oily skinned people, can I put it on lips, as I would be consuming it in a little amount and also, you must have heard your mom talk about sweet almond oil a lot for skin care benefits. So, here we are, to your rescue again!
Q.1 What is Sweet Almond Oil?
Well, sweet almond oil is used in skin care routine, whereas, bitter almond oil gives the almond-y flavors and scent! So before purchasing any oil to follow any of the home remedies given above, ensure what is it that you are buying and if it will serve the purpose!
Q.2 Is Almond Oil Good For Oily Skin?
Oily skin can lead to acne. As stated earlier, the fatty acids in almond oil, help in dissolving the sebum and thus preventing pimples. Therefore, it is a good idea for oily skinned people to apply almond oil.
Q.3 Is Almond Oil Good For Lips
Yes! It will moisturize your lips and prevent chapped lips!
Cautionary Tip – It is common for people to have nut allergy, and if you are one of them, please steer clear of these remedies!