Ghee is one of the healthiest forms of fat that you can pamper your body with. This tasty substance has been part of our lives, culture, food and memories since forever. Did you know that ghee goes beyond cuisine and the benefits of ghee extend to your skin and hair too?
Read on to know all that ghee can do for your skin and hair:
7 Incredible Benefits Of Ghee For Skin:
#1 Moisturises your face
Pamper the thin and delicate skin of your face with ghee.
How To Use:
- Make a solution with equal parts of ghee and water and massage your face with it.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water for soft and smooth skin.
#2 Hydrates dry skin
The fatty acids in ghee encourage deep hydration and make even the driest of skin soft and supple.
- Warm up half a bowl of ghee and massage your entire body with it for 3-5 minutes before your bath. It is the perfect antidote for dry winters.
#3 Brightens skin
Eating ghee is good, yes. But it also brightens your skin.
- Make a mask using raw milk, besan (gram flour) and equal amount of ghee.
- Apply the paste to your face and wash off after 15-20 minutes for skin that looks and feels gorgeous.
#4 Slows down skin aging
Another benefit of ghee for skin is that it helps defy time. Massage it into your skin daily and beat ageing by many years.
#5 Cures chapped lips
A drop of ghee when rubbed onto dry, chapped lips will lock in moisture. Leave it overnight and wake up to soft, kiss-worthy lips the next morning.
#6 Lightens dark lips
If your lips suffer from pigmentation, just massage your pout with ghee and within a few weeks you will get your pretty pink lips again.
#7 Brightens up eyes
Dull, tired eyes? No more. Just apply a little ghee under your eyes regularly and get bright, fresh and relaxed eyes within a few days.
Ghee also helps clear up dark circles. Smear it on your upper eyelids and under your eyes to get rid of that raccoon look.
Have you also tried Olay Regenerist Revitalising Eye Serum to fight the fine lines that appear around your eyes?
3 Miraculous Benefits Of Ghee For Hair Health
#1 Fights split ends
Massage ghee into dry and coarse hair to take care of split ends.
- Warm up a little ghee and apply it to the ends of your locks.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean shampoo after an hour.
#2 Deeply conditions hair
You can use ghee for hair, and turn dry and frizzy hair into soft, shiny and manageable tresses.
- Mix equal parts of ghee with olive oil and massage deeply into your hair for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a good shampoo.
#3 Stimulates hair growth
People have been using ghee for hair growth, and you can get the same benefit too.
- Just massage your scalp with warm ghee mixed with equal parts coconut oil.
- The blend nourishes your scalp and encourages hair growth.
5 Ghee Benefits For Health That You Must Know:
#1 Has Low Fat Content:
Ghee is made of saturated fat and a good source of healthy fats. It is easier to digest, much healthier than butter and surely your go-to option in case you are having cholesterol problems.
#2 Boosts Your Immunity System:
Ghee is loaded with antioxidants which helps in increasing body’s ability to absorb vitamins and minerals from other foods that you consume in a day which in turn helps in keeping your immune system strong. Also, all those vitamins and minerals that are fat soluble helps in boosting our immunity and ghee helps in absorption of these nutrients
#3 Improves Eyesight:
As per Ayurveda, eating ghee regularly helps in improving eyesight. Even if you have irritation in eye, you can put in a drop or two of ghee for instant relief.
Caution: Do not put in warm ghee in your eye as it can cause contamination and damage your eyesight.
#4 Aids In Treatment Of Burns:
Ghee is widely used not only for treatment of burns but also to treat swelling in different parts of body. Also, it helps in reducing inflammation on skin. All you have to do is apply it in affected areas.
#5 Cough Relief:
This is an old & effective remedy which our grandma always keep telling us. For cough relief, you can either eat a teaspoon of ghee directly or make a paste of tulsi or holy basil and warmed ghee. Swallow it for instant relief.
Incredible, isn’t it, how something so simple and everyday is actually loaded with immense benefits? Start using ghee regularly to enhance the natural beauty of your skin and hair.